The Roofing Association of New Zealand (RANZ) works on behalf of its members to develop industry communications, regulations, training and more.
- RANZ Team - meet our small, dynamic team
- Business Partners - our RANZ Business Partners offer valuable industry knowledge and financial support
- History - read about the history of RANZ
- Events and Awards - the go-to RANZ annual conference & awards and other industry initiatives
- Rooflink - the roofing industry's essential quarterly magazine published by us
- Affiliates - RANZ Organisational Network
Established as an Incorporated Society in 1994, RANZ is the national trade organisation and representative collective voice for the roofing industry.
Our Purpose: Delivering a weathertight future
Our Mission: The Roofing Association of New Zealand is redefining roofing, aiming to deliver a weathertight future through our commitment to the professionalism, education and training of our members
RANZ is actively engaged in the business of ensuring a more professional, health & safety conscious, quality trained, skilled and qualified industry. We represent the roofing industry in all aspects of legislation and compliance involving government, regulatory and local government authorities.
The national office of RANZ is located in Auckland providing a wide range of membership, industry and consumer/public services. We are contactable through our website, by email, phone or fax for all enquiries.
We operate a professional work referral service of members for consumers - either through a search of members available on this website or by contacting the RANZ office by phone to identify members suited to your specific needs.
RANZ membership comprises over 350 businesses plus branches nationwide operating in the residential and commercial/industrial roofing market, who employ over 2,750 roofing installers or applicators. They represent the majority of specialist professional roofing companies located nationwide involved in the supply and installation of all roof systems and services available on the New Zealand market.
- Primary Members are those directly involved in the supply and installation of all roof systems, roof coating/restoration, repairs and fitting of related roofing products.
- Associate Members are the key manufacturers, suppliers and distributors of roofing products to the New Zealand market, along with service providers to the roofing industry and allied organisations.
One of RANZ's most notable achievements was the development and introduction of apprenticeship training and formal roofing industry qualifications registered on the NZQA framework. RANZ is actively engaged in overseeing the direction of industry training through the Roofing Industry Training Organisation (ITO) who is responsible for the registration and management of training and NZ National Certificate in Roofing qualifications. RANZ members are required to actively support training to ensure a better skilled and qualified roofing industry.